Today I am so excited to have one of my Web and Marketing clients through my other company, Firefly Media, be a guest blogger! Dr. Holly Lucille is not only one of my favorite people, but is a very accomplished celebrity Naturopath Doctor. I read her blog post and just hd to share these awesome tips with all of you!
Dr. Holly’s 5 Tips to Staying Healthy and Balanced Through the Holidays!
- Choose a Holiday Helper when visiting family. Pick one friend who you know very well and who knows you that you can slip into another room and make quick but meaningful contact with for support in turbulent family times. It is like a “holiday family sponsor”
- Pick and Choose Wisely to Stay in Balance…. You don’t have to say YES to every invitation you get for a holiday gathering and you don’t have to lie either to get out of it. When striving for balance making a commitment to you and staying home or taking a yoga class is enough to decline a party in the holiday hectic times. If it feels better, you can send a present along with your regret. Look at your calendar in advance and plan wisely! Fail to plan, plan to fail!
- Elevate the Conversation. Chit chat and gossip can be energy draining and unhealthy in the holiday season parties. Go to the event prepared with a cause important to you and take initiative to turn any meaningless or mean chatter in a positive direction. This can change the energy in the room and also create community long after the busy season is over.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate! Water is by far our best friend in these times. It can help curb the overindulgence of both alcohol and food during the holiday season. Have a glass with you at all times and before you take that second drink and or helping, take in at least 10 ounces of water, you will be amazed and the difference.
- Use your beverage as your medicine. Herbal tea’s like peppermint and milk thistle can help the detoxification and digestive process after being “over served”
An acclaimed expert in the field of integrative medicine, Dr. Holly lectures throughout the nation on a variety of natural health topics. Her appearances include national media programs and networks including Dr. Oz, The Doctors, Lifetime Television for Women, Montel Williams, PBS’s Healing Quest, The Hallmark Channel and Discovery Fit & Health channel. She is on the editorial advisory board of Alternative Medicine and Natural Practitioner and is also regularly quoted as an expert in both consumer and peer journals. In 2007, Dr. Holly was listed in Time Magazine’s “Alt List” as one of the “Top 100 Most Influential People”. In 2012 she launched her own talk show “Myth-Defying with Dr. Holly” on the Veria Living network and is the co-host of “It’s Your Health & It Ain’t Rocket Science” radio show on RadioMD.
*** As Always- I’d love to hear your comments and what you think about Dr. Holly’s awesome tips! I will let her know as well! Any tips that you want to share to stay balanced through the Holidays is also awesome! Thanks and as always don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or comments.